Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council/Cascades East Transit is hiring a Transportation Director. Visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/coic? and select Transportation Director to apply for this position. Details are below:
The Transportation Director is responsible for all aspects of COIC transportation programs including Cascades East Transit (CET). Oversee all Transportation Department planning, operations, development, budgeting and staffing; ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency. Oversee development of transportation options that create a strong transportation system to meet the growing needs of the region. Provide regional leadership on transportation issues, and develops partnerships and support for all CET programs.
FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement management policies and practices for efficient and cost-effective transportation operations;
- Mentor, guide and oversee the work of supervisors/managers;
- Participate in union contract negotiations; ensure productive interaction with union representatives;
- Manage department contracts and subcontracts;
- Ensure efficient and effective staff management and staff development;
- Manage planning, data, and technology functions;
- Research and implement new transportation options to meet growing regional needs.
Budget and System Planning
- Oversee the development of program and transportation departmental budgets; ensure all programs operate within established budget;
- Oversee grant writing and grant management activities;
- Develop appropriate short and long term plans for the build-out and financing of the transportation systems;
- Ensure financial systems and procedures meet funder requirements and are consistent with applicable OMB Circulars and other statutory requirements.
- Engage with state-level discussions and committees/workgroups that impact transit funding and policies.
Outreach and Partnership Development; Develop and Maintain Regional Support for COIC Transportation Programs
- Ensure an active and engaged regional Public Transit Advisory Committee is in place to provide feedback on CET services and policies;
- Develop and maintain relationships with local governments; communicate to local/regional leadership the value of the CET systems, and solicit/secure local funding allocations to support a strong transportation system;
- Develop and maintain relationships with regional partners, including organizations representing transit-dependent populations, transit, and mobility options advocacy organizations, businesses, and city/county planning departments;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key funding agencies, including ODOT Public Transit Division, ODOT Region 4, Coordinated Care Organizations, and Department of Human Services. Ensure organizational responsiveness;
- Ensure regular, ongoing communication with transit stakeholders and the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Broad-based and detailed knowledge of transportation and transit service development principles and practices;
- Ability to manage a large and complex operations system;
- Working knowledge of transit operations, project management, budgeting practices, labor relations, strategic planning, and employee development and supervision;
- Ability to identify, develop, and maintain strategic relationships/contacts with local, regional, and national public agency, non-profit and private industry managers;
- Work independently and effectively under pressure without close supervision;
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and work as a team;
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills;
- Exhibit courtesy and professionalism to represent COIC in a manner that will maintain and promote the positive reputation of the organization;
- Exercise discretion in confidential matters;
- Ability to effectively instruct and direct staff by assigning, reviewing, and checking work;
- Ability to identify overall work objectives and priorities, and plan and carry out projects based on such.